I know TWO people who have a Halloween birthday today. So Happy Birthday to Uncle Steve and my friend Catherine!
This is going to be a newsy post, so bring on the bullet points!
- As a favor to a woman who has become a dear friend, I will be volunteering my time and talent to take team photos at the Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk tomorrow morning in Philadelphia. I’m nervous!
- This did provide me with the kick in the ass I needed to get back to work on setting up the new site and blog because it is pathetic I will not have real business cards to hand out on Saturday morning.
- The new site/blog is coming along and the fabulous Aitch is coming up with a design and masthead (she’s designed many of the blogs you love to read including previous incarnations of this one and the last I-don’t-remember-how-many of Cecily’s).
- I hope to have the new site launched by the end of next week!!! I might be being a tad optimistic, but what the hell. ;-)
- Long-time readers of this little blog might remember when my husband Pete had a blog for about a millisecond. Everyone loved it because his writing is wonderful, but he didn’t like obsessing over the stats (I forgot to warn him that comes with the territory). Well, he’s always written, and he goes in spurts of creativity during which he really enjoys it, then goes for long dry spells where he’s convinced it is all crap.
- I was invited to join a new site called RedGage (still in beta) where you get money per click on your content (a penny for every 10 clicks, actually). I invited him after he mentioned he was thinking of putting the diaries he wrote while moving to Corfu (back in 1999) onto a similar site. He has begun posting them at RedGage and people really enjoy them. I’d love for you to read along, not just because each click will make us closer to a penny, but also because these are a good read. They begin with this entry and so far there are 26. He will be continually adding to it for a long time to come.
- Also related to Pete and his writing? He has decided to join NaNoWriMo and I’m really proud and excited that he’s going to try this. I want him to have lots and lots of encouragement. So if any of you are doing this, please ‘buddy’ him. If you aren’t doing it (like me), then just follow along and we’ll have to find out if there is a way to post comments and encouraging words w/o being a novelist. We can all watch his progress on his profile page and if he starts slacking, I’ll start giving out his email address. Heh.
- I am now a member of the "Beta Squad" on RedGage, so if anyone is interested in trying out the site for themselves and would like an invite, let me know and I'll hook you up!
I think that is all for now. I’m looking forward to voting and to this election being a done deal, as I’m sure we all are. Whatever you think, whomever you prefer, GO OUT AND VOTE! I believe it is our civic duty. I sympathize with those who don’t feel either candidate represents them, but I really believe you can still choose the one who is the closer to what you can live with. Sitting out shouldn't be an option.